Monday, October 11, 2010

What really is Important?

Honestly, there are so many things that are important to me. Being able to appreciate small things is one of them. I suppose for this assignment, I'll only choose a few to explain however. For one, having honest, loving, positive relationships would definitely be one thing that is very important. I can't stand having drama within relationships that is completely uneccessary; this could very well be why I don't have as many girl friends as I do guy friends, they tend to be less dramatic. Most of the girls I am friends with have been long established. I also highly value the relationships with my family. I am extremely close with my mother's side, my mom and dad, and my little sister. When she and I are in a fight, my whole world is screwed up because she's the one person I feel I can be completely honest with no matter what and we have so much in common because we are family, we get eachother. It is important to feel loved. Actually, I guess love might be another aspect. I can't imagine my life without at least one person who loved me. And for that matter, I can't imagine not loving anyone. I think I gain just as much from loving someone as they may from me loving them. I thought I had found the love of my life, whom I thought I was going to marry, but it ended very hurtfully. I don't know that it still isn't meant to be; I could just not be over him yet and not found that person. Regardless, a loving relationship to share things with is important when the person is right. And not to forget my baby kitty, Chevy. Though she is not a person, I feel loved by her everyday and it is a wonderful companionship.
Because of who I am, I also consider success very important. I have worked pretty hard to be where I am and can say that I am proud of my accomplishments. Having the ambition also helped to get where I am. I think that with most everything truly important in life it is important to act with conviction and sentiment. (If you haven't guessed by now, I am an emotionally invested person.) If you don't put your heart into the things that require it most and just half ass, you won't get as much out of your experience. I also try very hard to appreciate everything I have because I am so very blessed and being a good person is also important.
And finally, music. Music although cliche, defines me. I love the way it makes me feel, the way it helps me through some things, and the way it enhances relationships and experiences. When I hear something I think sounds good, I am happy; sometimes it is euphoric. Music helps me express things that sometimes I don't have the words to say. And nothing makes me happier than discovering a wonderful new song.

No comments:

Post a Comment