Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Response 10/11

I am actually pleasantly surprised things didn't get out of hand with our discussion on religion. I thought that in general everyone was respectful and the conversation was productive. Clearly there are many different views, just within the people that showed up. It was interesting when Beth pointed out that as a class we could be considered a cult; hadn't thought of it that way. To be truly honest I enjoy that we have established a community environment, especially more so than any other class I'm currently taking. I really do look forward to coming to class every week because I always leave feeling fulfilled in some way; I can't always explain why, it just happens. Maybe it has to do with this aspect. And I was going to mention this during class, but I think one of the main reasons this particular course is a success is because Beth teaches it and people love her. I personally love that she encourages openess regardless the issue really. Never have I had a professor that is so accepting and open. Today I learned a bit about Paganism which I previously knew very little about. I thought the film took a very interesting view point too, considering this country was founded on religion. I could not stay for the whole thing, but I have netflix too, so I can rent it and finish it.

No comments:

Post a Comment