Monday, October 4, 2010

Response to 10/4

I was anxious to see the rest of the experiment presentations today since there were so many that still had to go. I enjoyed the humor in Travis' blindfolded experiment. The most significant moment for me today was Justin's speech. It took a lot for him to stand up to us and face himself and his fear. I felt so much compassion and empathy towards him, especially when he became emotional. At that point, although awkward I just wanted to give him a hug. I also felt that him being open to being emotional in front of such a large group really set him apart as a man. I don't think it is wrong for men to express their emotions, but many do in our society. Basically the fact that he exposed himself to us was very compelling to me. If I were in his position I would have been terrified. I also enjoyed the brief intro we had with respect to religion and look forward to see where next week's class goes on the topic.

No comments:

Post a Comment