Monday, November 8, 2010

Bliss

I didn't expect this assignment to end up where it did, but was pleasntly surprised with the outcome of my time spent having fun. At first I thought of things that require money, like seeing a movie, or going shopping, but lately money has been tight because of bills so I had to look elsewhere. Finally, Taylor suggested we go to his house and work on some music. This was the first time we had really "collaborated" so I didn't know where it would go. He had told me he was working on some songs he created in Logic, and ended up playing one for me. It has a sort of techno/electronic vibe. I listened to it and really liked it so I suggested I play around with some vocals. I went in his sound booth and improvised about a minute of synchronous humming. When I listened to the two together, I really liked it. It got me really excited to actually complete the song with lyrics as well and gave me the idea to create a song for my final project. I've mentioned before that music is my passion, and to get something going doing vocals for this music genre would absolutely be fulfilling a dream of mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment